29th Jungfrau Marathon
10 September 2022
On 10 September 2022, the Jungfrau Marathon will take place for the 29th time. The 4,000 starting places are sold out every year. To reach the finish line, the runners will cover 42,195 km and 1953 metres in altitude. After Interlaken, the route continues via Zweilütschinen to Lauterbrunnen. The ascent to Wengen follows a short round trip in the Lauterbrunnen Valley. The last section of the route leads over the Kleine Scheidegg to the Eiger Glacier. The support along the route, with flag-wavers, trychlers and alphorn blowers, make the marathon an unforgettable experience.
Information on the Jungfrau Marathon
Good to know:
- Registration is open. As soon as the quota of 4'000 registrations is fulfilled, registration will be closed.
- The entry fee is CHF 179.
- Travel to and from the 2022 event by train within Switzerland is free of charge for participants!
- There will be a mass start at 08.30 in Interlaken.
- The finish will be set up on Eigergletscher.
Additional optional bookings:
- Desired number
- Online training plan
- Donation or charity start for Phil.Island Kids
- Youngsters five-fiver
- DS Live Gold
- Sleep and Run Package
4'000 starting places, 1953 metres of altitude and 42'195 km. The finish is at the Eigergletscher station (2320 m above sea level).
There is a final vehicle which marks the end of the run. After the final vehicle has passed, the course will be reopened to traffic. Runners who exceed the control closing times will continue to run outside the race and at their own risk. The entitlement to any marathon services (food, first aid, marshals, timing, ranking list, medal, finisher's T-shirt, etc.) is forfeited.
The marathon course will be closed at the following places and times:
- Wengen railway station (30.6 km), 4 hours and 25 minutes after the personal start.
- Wengernalp, junction Wixi (38.5 km), 5 hrs. and 50 min. after the personal start.
The start number entitles the runners to travel to the Eiger glacier where the valuables can be collected and then to Grindelwald where the personal luggage can be collected.
Relief section Wixi Km 39.1
If there are a large number of participants, an additional relief section of exactly the same length will be opened at km 39.1 to prevent congestion. The runners will be guided accordingly.
The Jungfrau Marathon course is open for training. It is signposted with white signs. There is a luggage allowance for the transport of your luggage during the training.
Online training plan
runningCOACH by Viktor Röthlin will put together an individual and dynamic online training plan for you. Click here for more information.
All registered runners travel within Switzerland free of charge, comfortably and environmentally friendly by public transport to the Jungfrau-Marathon.
All participants benefit from free 2nd class public transport from their place of residence (Swiss train station) or from a Swiss airport to the event location and back!
- The journey to Interlaken can be booked from 04 to 10 September 2022 (on the day of choice).
- The return journey can be booked from 10 to 15 September 2022 (on the day of the election).
Registered runners will receive their start card and two personal promo codes by e-mail at the beginning of August. With these promo codes, two free public transport tickets can be booked and printed out exclusively on sbb.ch/swissrunners from 08 August 2022.
It is not possible to book at the railway counter, at ticket machines or via the SBB app.
The Swiss Runners ticket is valid in person and on the return journey only in combination with the start number.
At the Friday race, the focus is on the joy of movement and, above all, the experience.
All information about the Friday race can be found here.
The following social programme is offered.
- Marathon Village in Interlaken and Grindelwald Terminal
- Pasta party on Friday and Saturday in the whole region
- Finischer-Club for loyal runners
All information about the supporting programme can be found here.