Tradition and flair
Like there's nothing simpler in the world
Experience for yourself how it feels to toss the flag high into the air - let yourself be inspired by the flair of the tradition and its unique blend of artistry and sport! Flag throwing is one of the oldest national sports in Switzerland.
The 'Arena' is reached on foot or by transportation where we will be greeted on arrival with a short performance from the professional Flag throwers. Participants will be divided into Cantonal (county) teams of approximately 6 - 10 people and receive an introduction by the professional Flag throwers to the art of this oldest of Swiss traditions. Afterwards each team will learn its own piece of Flag throwing choreography using both large Swiss flags and smaller Cantonal flags. The finale will be each 'Canton' performing their own choreographed piece in a show, which is accompanied by folk music. Each performance is evaluated by the other teams and the Flag throwing instructors will also submit a professional jury vote.
- Bad weather alternative: transferral to a covered venue.
- Number of participants: 20 to 120 persons
- Duration: approx. 2 hours
- Costs: on request
- Season: all year round
- Optional activity combinations: visit to Jungfraujoch with the Glacier Experience and/or tour of the building inside, sledge ride, hiking, outdoor Aperitif
- Location: Jungfrau Region, Bernese Oberland, Emmental