Sledge & Velogemel
Downhill run into the valley
Sledge & a Grindelwald Original
A speedy sleigh ride in the snow is as much a part of winter as fondue and Christmas.
Once on the mountain, the individual sledges are distributed - headlamps are provided for night time sledging. After careful instruction, participants mount their sledges or Velogemels and set off down a prepared sledge run back to the valley. The Velogemel is a type of traditional wooden ski/sledge bike, developed and patented more than 100 years ago in Grindelwald.
Safety precautions: Sledging and Velogemel rides are great fun. In order that participants reach the end safely, we follow these safety requirements: A maximum of 12 guests are allocated per guide. Guests are carefully instructed before departure. At night, the guests are equipped with headlights with a taillight. The guides wear safety vests in order to be more visible, and are in contact with each other via radio and/or mobile technology. We recommend to refrain from alcohol before departure, and to make dinner plans for after sledging.
- Number of participants: 10 to 200 persons (with Velogemel up to 40 persons)
- Duration of sledging: depending on the route, 30 - 90 mins
- Costs: on request
- Season: December - March (winter season)
- Optional activity combinations: Sledge building, Alpine games, Snow sculpting, Stollenloch, outdoor Aperitif, Fondue making
- Location: Grindelwald
- Applicable for: side event seminar or workshop, incentive, team event, corporate event