Rope Bridge Building
Only together you can reach the other side
Become a builder of bridges
Access to the 'Gletscherschlucht' glacier gorge is on foot or by transportation. A short hike brings you to the 'Marmorbruch' marble quarry where work begins on building a rope bridge, under the guidance and supervision of local mountain guides. Rope after rope is knotted together and hopefully after all pulling together as a team, the finished construction finally spans the ravine. Of course the bridges need also to be tested, and this is where the fun begins - the first tentative and somewhat wobbly steps across the Nepali style suspension bridge, make for a greatly amusing photo opportunity! To quell the adrenalin and to toast a successful build, the group winds down with a well-earned drink from the backpack.
After constructing the rope bridge, a visit to the 'Gletscherschlucht' glacier gorge can also be arranged. Access to the gorge was restored in the spring of 2016 and expanded to house attractions such as a large net to walk on, spanned right across the gorge and above the roaring Lütschine river below.
- Number of participants: 7 to 30 people
- Duration of rope bridge building: approx. 2 hours
- Costs: on request
- Season: April - December, depending on conditions
- Optional activity combinations: Hiking, outdoor Aperitif, climbing and abseiling
- Location: Grindelwald, Emmental
- Applicable for: side event seminar or workshop, incentive, team event, corporate event